Our team at Ozark Prosthodontics wants to ensure your surgical experience with us is as safe and smooth as possible. To that end, we have created a pre-operative and post-operative guide to provide you with the information you need regarding your upcoming procedure or recovery from a recent one.
- The Pre-Operative Guide will give you an overview of what to expect before surgery, such as any preoperative tests or exams you may need, your anesthesia overview, and any special instructions that must be followed prior to the procedure.
- The Post-Operative Guide will provide information on how to care for yourself post-surgery, such as what activities should be avoided while recovering, how to manage pain and swelling afterward, when you can expect to resume your normal activities, and any necessary follow-up care that you should be aware of.
We understand undergoing surgery can cause anxiety and uncertainty for many patients, which is why we want to provide as much information as possible to help make the process a little easier. That said, if you have any additional questions or concerns before or after your procedure, please don’t hesitate to speak with your doctor or a member of our team. We look forward to helping you through this process and ensuring you receive the highest quality care. Thank you for choosing Ozark Prosthodontics!
Before your surgery, it is important to ensure that you understand all the necessary information and instructions regarding your upcoming procedure. Please review the below guide and follow all instructions thoroughly.
- Preoperative Tests & Exams: Depending on your specific procedure, you may need to undergo certain preoperative tests or exams prior to the surgery. Your doctor will discuss this with you in advance and provide instructions regarding what must be done and when.
- Anesthesia Overview: Our office offers general anesthesia to ensure your comfort through any procedure you are having. Before you are given anesthesia, it is imperative that you follow guidelines for fasting for a certain period of time prior to the procedure. Your doctor will discuss this with you in advance. It is also very important that you provide our team with an accurate list of any medications or supplements you are taking, as some may interact with the anesthesia and cause complications during surgery.
- Special Instructions: Depending on your specific procedure, you may need to follow certain instructions prior to your surgery. These can include taking certain medications or supplements, avoiding certain substances/activities, and any other special instructions that must be followed in order to ensure the safety and success of your procedure. We will review this with you during your consultation and provide any additional instructions in writing prior to the day of surgery.
After completing your procedure, it is important to follow the instructions provided by your doctor in order to ensure a successful recovery. Please review the below guide and follow all instructions thoroughly.
- Caring For Yourself Post-Surgery: After surgery, there are certain activities and substances that must be avoided in order to ensure a successful recovery. These can include avoiding strenuous activities, not smoking or consuming alcohol, and taking any medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Managing Pain & Swelling: After surgery, you may experience some pain and swelling. Your doctor will provide instructions regarding how to manage this, including when and how to take any prescribed medications.
- Resuming Normal Activities: Depending on the type of procedure you underwent, it may take a while before you can resume your normal activities. Your doctor will provide specific instructions regarding when it is safe to do so, and what type of activities should be avoided while recovering.
- Follow-Up Care: After your procedure, you may need to follow up with your doctor for additional tests or exams, to ensure that your recovery is going well. Your doctor will provide instructions regarding any necessary follow-up care that you should be aware of.
We hope that this guide has been helpful in providing you with the information and instructions you need for a successful pre-operative and post-operative experience. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help and provide support every step of the way, as part of our commitment to providing you with the highest quality care.